Multiple Zones for Alarm

Hi,
apologies if this has been asked for before, i have tried to search, but all the information returned seems to be about doorbells.
I am trying to work out if i can have multiple zones in the ring alarm.
I am looking at installing a garden office. I would like it to have an alarm. When I am not in the office I want to arm it fully, but not the rest of the house. If I cant create a Home and office Zone, can I have two alarms on the same network / location.
But say for example we go out or away, I want to be able to fully arm the house and the office. I have to say I am not finding much information as to if either approach is possible.
One alarm - multiple detection zones that can be independantly armed.
Two Alarms in the same location, connected to the same home network (different IP Address ranges are possible) working independently of one another.

Thanks in advance

Frank

3 Likes

Hi @elfrank0. The Ring Alarm does not have separate zones that can be armed independently from the rest of the system. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

I had EXACTLY the same idea! Multiple arming zones would negate the need to kludge two separate Ring alarms at the same approximate site.

It seems that Ring doesn’t care about the feature board at all. Ver disappointing. This request has been there for many years and seems to be a basic function for any alarm system…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.