Multiple Notifications for the Same Event

Hi @MrsGonzo. A valid Ring Protect plan subscription is required in order for you to access and play previously recorded events in the Ring App. If you don’t have an active subscription, you won’t be able to play past events, but you’ll still be able to access the Live View. If multiple notifications are continuing despite checking the variables or trying the steps previously listed, feel free to confirm your mobile device type, OS version, and Ring app version for any potential further suggestions that can be made. This will also help us when sharing this feedback with our teams here. Thank you!

I still have the same problem. I have Ring Doorbell pro and it keeps sending alert to all my Alexa devices, some time up to 10 times. Even I turned off “People only mode” I still have that many alerts, very annoying. Attach is screenshot for it.

Neighbors,

What type of devices are you using? We have a flood light camera that is having this issue (6-8 alerts per single motion event) and a video doorbell that is behaving normally.

Thanks & good luck!

That wasn’t the issue, but thank you. Spent 3 hours with level 3 assistance and we couldn’t fix my replay issues. (Sir Frank was very patient and kind)
I’m using both android and ios. Tech support was unable to get the recordings to play.
At any rate, the only way I can stop the notifications is to turn them off but then I have nothing. It would be great to at least hear if someone is approaching my door.

This is hardly “solved”. You gave some run around answer 4 months ago and still no legitimate answer. Somehow because of the lack of intelligence over there you people have the nerve to blame it on Covid-19, what a cop-out. How about give us answers and fix this annoying problem instead of giving us pathetic excuses about why you cant.

I have the same issue as shown in the video by user Mattt here: https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-App/Multiple-Notifications-for-the-Same-Event/m-p/73500/highlight/true#M6662.

Very annoying espcially since a lot of us pay monthly subscriptions.

This issue is *NOT* solved.

It is a problem with the rich notifications implementation by Ring.

Disabling that feature is a workaround for not seeing the multiple notifications.

The fix should be: User does not see mutiple notifications with rich notifications enabled.

2 Likes

This suddenly started happening to me this morning - notifications are firing off 3-6 at a time for single events.

Hi neighbors - we have sent this thread to the team, but they need more information. Please direct your examples to our support team, where they can collect the necessary information for our team to continue looking into this and finding a solution. Please contact support at one of these phone numbers. Thank you.

I just received 83 alerts on my doorbell camera (I am NOT exaggerating). I finally reset my iPhone 8 to stop them. When that didn’t work, I snoozed the doorbell camera. This is the first time I have received that many alerts one after the other, but I do receive many alerts for the same movement every day, and I am really getting tired of it. This thread has been going on for months and yet you Ring people have not fixed the problem that so many of us are having. I am beyond frustrated. I just took 10 different screenshots of my phone showing the alerts, and saved them in a .pdf file. I have attempted to attach the document. I don’t know what other information we “members” of the Ring Community can give the adminstrators…

1 Like

THIS is exactly my issue.

Well I guess I will chime in on this, I have the new iPhone 12 pro and when me and my husband first got our phones the ring app worked completely fine then all the sudden week and a half ago we started getting double notifications, sometimes more on just one event and our phones go off like crazy and just last night at a hockey game our notifications were going off the wall and everybody could hear them so I ended up having to put my phone on silent.

Looking at this entire thread this really needs to be fixed it’s got nothing to do with taking out the battery or restarting anything. Today was gonna be the day that I tried messing with some settings to see if it would fix it but it Hass to be through my husbands phone because he’s the main user that set it up. But looking at this thread it looks like it has not been figured out :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

yep, same here despite shutting off advanced motion detection and other suggested fixes.

my apple watch is like a slot machine, with multiple notifications, and repeated images being displayed from the ring camera.

please make it stop!

4 Likes

Happening to me also. I get one notification for motion and then another for the same event with a small picture preview and then another with the motion alert all for the same event. Highly annoying and nothing fixes it!!!

1 Like

I had to stop my Ring alerts on my Apple Watch because I kept getting alerted multiple times in a row, I never count it but it was like 6 times at least. It was so disruptive and annoying that I had to remove the notifications altogether.

As for my phone, it’s the iPhone XR, I get 2 alerts, one with just a notification one with a little picture in it.

It’s driving me crazy. How has this not been fixed yet?!?!

3 Likes

Reiterating the post from 11/22 where it was suggested to turn off Rich Notifications under Smart Alerts in the app. I was able to compress each event down to one notification from the Ring App.

Has this problem been solved for anyone? I’ve done all this nonsense and nothing has worked. It’s obnoxious that Ring makes you call and talk to someone about this issue, do it over chat like everyone else does. I’m about to throw these devices out and buy something better.

This issue just started happening with me this morning. Not sure what caused it.

1 motion event results in 6 alerts for that event

I am having this exact same frustrating issue that is really devaluing this product, especially as our family pays for the professional monitoring.

I have 1 battery powered outdoor camera, 1 outlet powered outdoor camera, 1 battery powered doorbell camera. None of these have Advanced Motion Detection enabled. I use my Apple Watch and iPhone only for alerts. I get 7-8 buzzes per notification on my Apple Watch and only a single alert on my iPhone.

I’ve tried many fixes listed on this thread, but it’s clear that the only thing to stop the multiple Watch notifications is to turn off Rich Notifications . Ring should never have let the Rich Notification feature go live if it was not ready. Your competitors like Nest have had the Rich Notifications as a Standard feature since the get go.

Today, I was trying to pick up a phone call on my Apple Watch - but I had so many duplicate notifications popping up, I missed the call. Ring has been blowing up my Watch like crazy!

2 Likes

Same issue here, just got a new Apple SE watch for Christmas and there are 5 or 6 multiple and immediate notifications that come through one on top of the other without pausing (like OP, multiple on my watch but only one on my iPhone). I have to wait for the last one before I can dismiss the notification, sleep the ring, or use my watch. Highly annoying. I turned off Rich Notifications which stopped the issue. However, on their ring support site, they don’t even have the correct instructions on where to turn off the rich notifications feature. I found it on my iPhone ring app, dashboard, then clicked three lines in top left corner. From there, click on the device name, and scroll down to the options in the middle of the screen, choose Smart Alerts, and then disable Rich Notifications. Once I turned it off, watch notifications come through just once, but they are not as useful without the preview. This feature is not ready for prime time on the Apple Watch. My apple watch, app, and iPhone operating system are all running current versions as of Dec 30, 2020.