Multiple doorbells with multiple chimes?

I’ve read you can pair one doorbell to multiple chimes, and multiple doorbells to one chime, but can you pair multiple doorbells to multiple chimes? e.g. I want one doorbell at my front door, and one at the rear door, and two chimes; with both chimes ringing when either the front or rear doorbell are pressed.

Hi @metalhead. When you say chimes, are you referring to a chime kit such as an internal doorbell in your home, or a Ring Chime or Chime Pro? We do have some wiring diagrams in our Help Center Article here when it comes to using a Doorbell and a chime, like the internal chime kit. If you are using a Ring Chime or Chime Pro, you can find more information on linking your Ring Doorbell to it here. I hope this helps out! :slight_smile:

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring, thanks for your reply. Sorry, I was referring to multiple Ring Chime (2nd generation).

So if I had two Ring Chime (2nd generation), and two Ring Video Doorbells (e.g. RVD Pro 2), could they be setup so both Ring Chime (2nd generation) ‘chime’ when either doorbell is pressed?

@metalhead Thanks for that clarification! Yes, you can link multiple Ring Doorbells to the same Ring Chime so that it will alert you when there is a ding or motion at either Doorbell. I will note that the alert tone is going to be the same for both, as you cannot at this time set different alert tones on a Chime for different devices. :slight_smile:

This needs to be firmware updated.

The option to have One Chime connected to 2+ Ring Doorbells and to have different Tones/Sounds to tell which door is being used is expected by Ring users.

To not have the option to program this way is unacceptable.

This should be an easy fix in the Ring Chime unit software.

1 Like

I agree with User27268. I have three entrance doors to my home each with a Ring doorbell. I can set up distinct alert sounds for each doorbell in my app but not on the chimes in my home. When someone pushes the doorbell, I need to know what door is the person at.

1 Like

I also agree with user27268. My old mechanical doorbell had separate ring tones for my front and back doors. How can a tech company like Ring not have this simple feature? Please add this to the requested feature list.

Hi Neighbors. Thank you for sharing your feedback on this. At this time, Chimes with multiple sounds for multiple Doorbells is not a functionality that is supported. As we appreciate you insight and ideas, we’ve created a Feature Request Board, where you can share your thoughts and vote for ideas you’d like Ring to bring to life! This feature here is very similar to your requests. Thanks, neighbors.

This is a major limitation! I assume a second chime could be purchased for my back door, but users shouldn’t have to do that. The chime should multiplex.

1 Like

Another vote for having 2 separate chimes for 2 doorbells on one chime. This is a really basic feature and very surprising it’s not already supported. Come on Ring sort it out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.