Mu video doorbell pro cannot work, need help

My name is Kevin, I have a Video Doorbell Pro cannot work and need some help.

I removed my Ring Doorbell from my Ring APP before, and the doorbell unit is still connected to my home network, but I cannot find a way to search the device directly from my network to add it back, the Ring app push me have to configure the doorbell unit from start over.

OK, I pressed and released the small button on the side of doorbell unit, but it doesn’t work at all. Two different situations as below:

• Situation 1:

I can hear the full voice prompt, the light of doorbell unit starts spinning and I can find the Doorbell AP network name ring-xxxx, but after about 10 seconds, the light stop spinning and the Doorbell AP network ring-xxxx just gone, I cannot continue to finish installation.

• Situation 2:

I cannot hear one word of voice prompt, then the doorbell unit just restarts automatically, and I found it’s very hot.

I sent several email to help@ring.com ask for help, but got no reply. Hope someone can help my doorbell back to work. Thanks a lot.

Hi @Kevin.S. I would recommend to reset your Ring Pro, then try to reconnect it to your wifi. To do this, first turn off the circuit breaker connected to your Ring Pro for 3 minutes. With the power removed from the Doorbell circuit, repeatedly press the Doorbell button on the Ring Pro for about 1 minute. Doing this will put a drain on the internal capacitor on the Ring Pro. After 3 minutes have passed, turn power back on and reconnect the Doorbell and allow it to complete the boot-up process. You can now reconnect your Ring Pro to your wifi.

If for any reason this doesn’t seem to work, it may be best to contact our support team to figure out the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.