Moving Ring account from old phone to a new one

I changed phones & deleted Ring from my old phone. Apparently I should not have done that. My new phone says I no longer have ownership of this ring account and cannot install it on my new phone. How can I install on new phone?

@JulieK wrote:

I changed phones & deleted Ring from my old phone. Apparently I should not have done that. My new phone says I no longer have ownership of this ring account and cannot install it on my new phone. How can I install on new phone?

Hello @JulieK ,

Just deleting your Ring App from your old phone should not have caused this issue. The actual Ring account information/settings are stored on the Ring ‘Cloud’ by your Ring email log-in. So on your new phone, you should be able to use the same email log-on to access your account and Ring devices. There might be something else going on, or it was the manner in which you deleted RIng off your old phone.

Normally, you should have been able to just install the Ring App onto your new phone, and then simply logged on that new phone using your normal email/password. But somehow you deleted it off your old phone first, in a way to cause an “Ownership” issues for you.

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025997592-Ownership-of-a-Ring-Device

I don’t know if this will work, I doubt it, but it is worth a try. I would re-install the Ring App on the old phone and log in again to the Ring App on the old phone (even if you no longer have a cellular connection on the old phone, because you can connect the old phone to Wi-Fi for access to the Internet). Then log into the Ring App. If you are successful, then log onto the Ring App of the new phone, using the same email/password.

If this doesn’t work, you should get direct Ring Support help. You will have to telephone Ring Support at:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

Unfornuately, due to the Covid-19, their available hours have been changed also:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041597471-Ring-s-Response-to-COVID-19

I hope you find this helpful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Julie K
so have you been able to resolve your issue ? If yes please share thsi since i ma in a similar situation.
Thanks.
SPhillips.

Thank you, Boone!
No matter what I tried, nothing worked when I simply wanted to move my Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 to my new iphone, and delete it from my old iphone. I didn’t move from my house. I didn’t give my account to someone else. I just changed phones. It shouldn’t be that hard.
But it was.
So I used your link to call a real person. No where else could I find that phone number.
Finally, finally I can see the video from my Ring Video Doorbell!
Thanks for your help! 10+ Stars!

1 Like

Ring should get their act together on this. I have spent 2 hours trying all means to simply move from my old mobile to my new one with THE SAME NUMBER. Nearly all help assumes you are using a new number . THis is the worse experience with apps ever.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.