Moved into new house with ring doorbell. Need YOUR help, friends

Hi. Recently moved to a new home where this doorbell was pre installed. I’m interested in taking over this account but running into snags due to me being a newbie. Support says I need a Mac address but couldn’t tell me how to get it. I looked online and it seems if I take the two screws out of the bottom I can access it but it needs a specialize bit. That’s my snag number 1. Anyone know the exact bit needed?

Snag number 2 … I’m not sure which ring doorbell I have. Pictures attached.

Snag 3. Support says the previous owners would need to be contacted personally and asked to relinquish their account for this device… this can’t be right… I own the house and can provide proof … there’s no reason the previous owners should be able to monitor me!! Plus the previous owners were unrealistic and unhelpful at all angles during the buying process and even the realtor said not to expect an answer on this matter… so what did u guys do when u moved into a house that already had it??

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there, @Stacyhogan! Thank you for this image example. From my experience, this looks like a Video Doorbell (1st Gen) model Doorbell. You are correct that the security screw driver is needed for removing the security screws, and luckily we offer this in a Spare Parts Kit on Ring.com.

As for the setup of this device, this will likely require the Change of Ownership process to be followed. Upon attempting a setup on the Video Doorbell in your Ring app, a request to release ownership should automatically be sent to the previous owners. As the linked article above recommends, please allow some time for this request to be answered.

If you’ve completed the above steps and are still unable to obtain ownership, our support team will be happy to help with the next steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helped! :slight_smile: