Move ring alarm between two addresses in account

I setup my ring alarm at my rental house. We now have purchased a home and I want to move the devices to the new address. I probably should have just changed address but didn’t so I have both addresses in my account with some devices on each. It says you can change between two addresses in the account but it doesn’t have that option for ring alarm devices. What’s the easiest way to do this?

Hi @WambleJ. Since the Ring Alarm is registered to a certain address, you would need to unregister the Base Station to move it over to the new location, but this requires a new setup of the whole system. Could you try changing the address on the location that still has the Base Station? Once this is updated and changed, you can toggle over to the location that the other devices already set up to this address, and move them over one at a time.

How this will look is going into the Main Menu > Devices > Device to move (one at a time) > Device Settings > General Settings > Location, and then you can select the other location with the updated address, and then hit save at the top right. Once this is done, you can toggle to this location with no devices, go into the Settings for that location in Main Menu and then tap on the red trash can icon to remove the location. Let me know how this works for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like