Motions Not Recorded If I Answer Deletes Video

Ring Doorbell Pro
Iphone 12 Pro Max

When i try to view any motion the video is deleted. If i answer a doorbell it deletes the video. Motions sometimes dont show up if i answer them. Doorbell no longer chimes. Thats one example of today no motion before or after and just ends.

I have no idea if all of these ring devices share the same firmware etc. BUT - within my ring app is a setting under ‘device settings’->‘video settings’ for ‘Video Recording Length’. I had set it to 20s (hoping to save some battery) but have it set now at 60s because I saw something like you are reporting.

Now having said that - I rang my own doorbell today and the video lasted 8:41 minutes. In fact - it never disconnected and I had to hook the doorbell up to the charger to reclaim the device. (Probably unrelated).

Just checked mine under settings and its at 60sec recording. Kinda wish ring had an actual help center since my yearly sub is up soon. Thanks for reply

Sorry to hear about this experience, @Vegeta19! Answering an event should not result in a video being deleted. Events, whether answered or recorded by default, should always appear in your event history if you are subscribed to a Protect Plan. To ensure for optimal video delivery, please check your Ring device RSSI reading in the Device Health section of the Ring app. Here is our Community post on improving RSSI if needed. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device. I recommend, additionally, checking your event history at Ring.com via web browser to see if the recordings in question show up there. If not, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.