Motion Zones

I have a battery spotlight camera and a wired floodlight camera. Why can’t the battery camera have the same adjustable motion zones as the floodlight camera. It would be much more useful if I could adjust the motion zones for the battery powered camera like the wired one!

@dostrow wrote:

I have a battery spotlight camera and a wired floodlight camera. Why can’t the battery camera have the same adjustable motion zones as the floodlight camera. It would be much more useful if I could adjust the motion zones for the battery powered camera like the wired one!

@dostrow ,

The highly-adaptive adjustable motion zones require much more energy to constantly compute the extensive algorithms . . . computing power. Results in higher energy consumption which is not a issue with a hardwired device. But with battery devices, the high-energy drain would adversely impact Battery Life.

1 Like

@dostrow wrote:

You can change your current battery Spotlight camera to instead use a plugged-in hardwired power supply. Then complete a Hard Reset (hold reset button for 30-seconds, release, and then complete the set-up again). The Hard reset ‘wipes’ the Battery version Firmware programming. During the new set-up, the Plug-In version Firmware will be downloaded. This will provide the high-energy option features that are not available in the Battery Firmware. You will have new Motion-Zone options. :slight_smile:

1 Like