Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
S
Motion zones missing coverage
negative-feedback
app-settings
![image|690x202](upload://fBlk3fv4SpjXOgxWpfp0T7Z9EGU.jpeg) Well, this is still an issue for me... I can't cover the areas I used to. I always set the motion (people) alerts inside the gate and just motion record to the edge of the sidewalk. I feel they took half of my ability to feel safe in the fact I'll have the video I need yet not be alerted to anything but what's at my door like I want. So now not only do I have to worry about someone taking something from my door or my car or my yard I may not see?? But also "Ring" taking away half of what I can detect of it.... Yet they seem to have no issue reminding me of products to buy.. I have to assume that info crosses some invisible line So they don't bother to tell me?? I have no idea how long this has gone on, one can't see the changes till you go and try to change them. Which I rarely need to do. I feel like I should only have to pay half my bill because I am now only getting half of the detection I had ?? But yet that's just frosting.. Here is the cake.. I have made numerous calls about other things. Like 8-hour-late notifications, and cameras not seeing motion and then ignoring motion zones (Not sure which one of those was worst). Cuz when I called it was hours of going over the same thing I just did yesterday. and the day before I did my best to just give them the time they needed. I just wanted it fixed and staying on the phone that long I just filled my time doing what I could, on the stuff I needed to do. So it wasn't and waste and I didn't feel it was upsetting till like day four and was already promised I would not have to deal with their rigmarole again, I had enough.. Extended warranty?? Not sure it exists because they never offered and when I asked they would say "Well this should fix your issue if not call back" Well after all that I just threw the cam in the garbage.. As you by now might be able to see and maybe even understand my frustration here.. I still appreciate what they do and the community they have created But if had to make a choice. It would mostly like be a different one . Oh, I forgot to mention They had a credit card issue and My bill lapsed without my knowledge and I lost all my previous footage which just happened to coincide with a tenant (room renter) deciding to leave without saying anything so I still don't know what went down in his haste and his friend that borrowed my engine hoist seems to act like he didn't... The footage of him loading it in his truck is Gone... So as it is ... Every time I had a real use of "Ring" the things that would of substantiated the cost of five 3rd gen stickup cams, the subscription costs for the years I have .. Ring has fallen short. . I don't blame it completely on them.. I just have that kinda luck... If you made it this far undoubtedly you are an employee. So please help me get 1 win. Please pull some strings and fix these missing detection areas in some kind of timely manner Thank you, Ken

05-12-2023 05:27:31

Responses (0)

No Responses Found

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User