Motion zone view much smaller than camera view

I recently set up my stick anywhere ring. It’s positioned so I can see the front door and driveway. When i sent the zones to alert me for motion, it brings me to a view from the camera that is not as wide as what the camera sees, so I can’t select the areas i want. Almost like it’s zoomed in. Is there a way to fix that?

Good question, @jwyckoff256! If you are using the Customizable Motion Zones, the area you are seeing for drawing your zones is likely the proper. As mentioned in our Community post, Customizable Motion Zones on battery devices can not be extended to the full area of your Live View when creating these zones. This is because the area your camera covers is slightly larger than the area your motion sensors cover. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have this issue too, but when I first set up the camera, nearly 2 years ago, I could see the full image and select motion zones all the way out to the street, and the motion detector would pick up passing traffic, so I would have to exclude the street from the zone. Now, the FOV on the motion zone display has shrunk significantly, and barely shows the street at all. Something must have changed in the firmware between then and now, which is disappointing, because it’s also limiting the size of my in-yard zone, and I’m missing events. This also doesn’t seem to be a problem for wired power stick up cams, so I don’t understand why it can’t be a power saving option for battery cams, to limit the motion detection range (and let the user decide if they want that extra range, at the cost of faster battery depletion)?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.