Motion Sensor Reports Low Battery

I received a notification that said “Kitchen Motion Sensor Reported Low Battery”. Does that mean the motion sensor’s battery is low, or the Base or the Keypad ? Thanks.

Hi @Culchie. Yes, it indicates that the Motion Sensor named Kitchen has a low battery and the battery may need to be changed soon. You can also verify which sensor it is in the Ring App by going to Devices > Alarm Base Station > Motion Sensor. You’ll be able to see the battery life in the upper right corner. I hope that helps answer your question! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply. The notification told me the battery was very low. I just replaced it today. I tested the battery I took out, and it tested full charge. :confused:

1 Like

@Culchie Thanks for letting me know. You can always reset the Motion Sensor just to make sure everything is operating properly. You can find steps on how to do that in our Help Center Article here. If any other concerns arise, feel free to reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: