Motion sensor false alarm in the locked drawer

I connected a motion sensor to my ring security system yesterday, and today in the afternoon it triggered the alarm. Got a call from the dispatch, asked to send the patrol. The weirdest thing is that I put the sensor in a closed drawer as a “trap” in case someone bypasses the other sensors and finds an uncovered entry. The drawer is sealed and there is zero chance that there is any hint of motion inside. No other sensor was triggered. So it was a 100% false alarm that scared the heck out of my dog that was at home. So I’m disabling the sensor as I have zero trust in it now. Wonder if someone has encountered the same.

Hi @Ailuranthrope. With no movement, this sensor should not have detected motion. I suggest following up with our support team on this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.