Motion scheduling not working

I have it set not to announce over alexia between x and x time. I have saved the setting and even created another instance but sometimes it works and sometimes not. Why is it not working

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Schedules are set up correctly, I even tried resetting devices and deleting the schedules then reapplying. I’m still getting motion notices when they should be turned off. Any advice Ring Team?

I’m having the same issue with motion scheduling. Tuesday mornings I have up to 3 garbage trucks on both sides of the street so I get up to six motion alarms. I’ve tried to schedule them out - assuming you put in when you DO NOT want alarms but to no avail. I’m still getting them. I think I asked this question once before but cannot find an answer. Seems others are having the same issue. I have a RING 2. And, no I can’t bring my zones down to exclude the trucks or I’d lose detection of people coming onto my porch.

I have a few cameras (Flood and spotlight). I live in a rural area so traffic triggering the camera is infrequent. I have the People Only mode set and hoped that would prevent false alarms from animals like small deer, rabbits, Skunks. It does not, the sensors still trigger.

So, now I am using the Motion schedule to prevent triggering when we are in bed. I did not want to do this as it reduces security that we originally wanted. However, getting woken up each night but wildlife is no fun. So, I set two scheduled on each device. Weekday and Weekend. The scheduled is set to not alert me 9pm-6am on weekdays and 9am to 7am on weekends.

My first observed issue was that I NEVER get any captured video during the scheduled quite time yet, it is supposed to still capture video and just not alert me.

Secondly, the schedule was set this morning to not alert me until after 7:00 AM. Yet, at 6:01, I am woken by two small deer’s on the came. I think they were smiling too :).

So I am asking Ring and the community are you using the scheduling and does it work for you?

Are you getting video’s captured during the scheduled time you have when alerts are suppressed?

I am beginning to think we have a serious flaw in the system that is jeopardizing our security.

Is People Only mode working for anyone… That is the only reason I need scheduling.