Motion Schedule Alerts

Hello,

When setting a Motion Schedule so that I do NOT receive alerts during a certain time frame, I believe Ring is still recording any events it sees and they will get saved.

Will Ring alert me AFTER my Motion Schedule time expires that it recorded events while my notifications were set to ‘Off’ or is it up to me to check my event history everytime?

Basically if I set a schedule to turn off notifications while my wife and I are sleeping, will Ring alert me if it saw an event to record overnight or will I only know an event ocurred if I manually go into the event history each morning to check on each device?

Thank you for your help with this.

• Greg

Hey @GregD369. Whenever you utilize a Motion Schedule for the alerts, this will turn off push notifications to your phone during this time, but will still actively record and report events into your event history. After this schedule is set to end, you will receive notifications as normal, but you will need to look back into your event history to see what happened. If you wish to turn off motion recording at this time as well, please try using our new Modes feature to turn the camera off in a Mode during this time. Modes cannot be done via schedule and will have to be manually triggered when you wish to turn off motion detection and/or Live View.

Hi Chelsea,

Thank you for your reply. So essentially there is no way to receive a notification after your motion scheule ends of what events occurred while notifications were turned off. This is a manual process I will need to go through each morning.

Is there a better way around not being notified while sleeping at night, but still eventually getting the notifications?

Thank you.

• Greg

@GregD369 No problem, happy to help clarify this for you! You are indeed correct though, any notifications that are not going through during a motion schedule will not be received after the schedule is set to end. There is not a way at this time to get those notifications post-schedule, but it’s a good idea! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

Other than the Motion Schedule, I recommend putting your phone in a Do Not Disturb mode so that you are not alerted when asleep. I do this as well at night time, as well as utilizing the Bedtime feature that you get via the Clock app on iPhone. There may be a similar feature on Android, but I’m not too familiar with one! :slight_smile: