motion range issues

we’ve had 2 doorbells for a while and DO know how to use them and set the motions, etc. The problem I’m having is something has changed with the choice within the settings. RE: Garage Door. You will see if I set it for the arch range in the one photo, it makes the problem that it is going off and ringing even when nobody is in the field of sight. You can be completely inside the garage and no where near the apron to the garage and it rings. So, I turn off the mode section, see photo 2, so it won’t ring itself to death, and then I lose the ability for it to give us security against the garage door. Makes no sense. I used to be able to set the parameters so it did not sweep all the way inside the garage itself. THEN I come on here and find absolutely NO customer support other than community. I’m not real happy with Ring right now!!

Hi @Bobbysgirl. As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, we are here to encourage interactions between other neighbors that may need feedback, suggestions, or directions on their concerns or devices. I apologize that you were unable to get directly to support, but since it seems you are having a concern with the motion detection and have troubleshooted on your end, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Please come back and let us know how this goes and what support is able to do for you! Your answers may help other neighbors that come to your thread looking for a solution as well. :slight_smile: