Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
D
Motion outside of motion zones with Smart Alerts
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
motion-settings

Sometime within the last 3 weeks my Battery Doorbell Plus begin identifying cars as person well outside of the motion zone. When I disable smart alerts it works as normal within in the motion zone. During the day I get a lot of deliveries and not all the drivers ring the bell so I need to enable smart alerts. This issue is causing me to change the battery several times a week

04-05-2024 12:52:20

Responses (7)

D

In order for me to get smart alerts to work properly within the motion zones I had to enable all three alerts. Then I had to move the zone back in order not to pickup too many vehicles.
I’m not sure if this issue is due to a previous update but before I was able to have my motion zone extended with only person and package alerts enabled with very little issues

04-05-2024 06:53:37

P

Wireless front door ring bell.
Set up the motion zones BUT it is not respecting the setup.
I so wish I could post a snapshot of the problems.
It carries on telling me there is motion because there is a car passing on the road, though I setup the boundaries within the driveway.
Also strangely it does not always warn of visitors.
I am paying a subscription so pardon me if I get upset!

05-05-2024 11:22:13

P

I am encountering same problem.
And it also warn me of motions when the sun shine on the door but in other instances it totally forget to warn me somebody is at my door.

05-05-2024 11:25:10

C

Hi @Dnell410 @PatriciaMarchand. It would be helpful if you could both share some screenshots of what your Motion Zones look like, as well as some video examples of motion being detected outside of these zones. I’d be happy to check with my team if this type of behavior is intended or not when Smart Alerts are in use. You may need to send multiple replies if you have multiple screenshots, and the Community supports mp4 video files or links to a video hosted on another site, such as YouTube.

07-05-2024 09:12:05

M

I am also having this issue, smart alerts and motion zone seems to be totally broken. (Video Doorbell 4)

I’ve attached a screenshot of how my motion zone is setup and I’ve included a link to the event video where a car drives by the front of the house and Ring thinks it’s a person.

Motion event video

05-06-2024 10:20:47

T

Hi @Makeem. Thank you for sharing this video. I would suggest creating new zones. Instead of one, odd shaped zone, try creating 3 zones in a more rectangular pattern that still covers the same area. This should increase the effectiveness of the zones. Let me know if this helps!

07-06-2024 03:09:52

J

A post was merged into an existing topic: Renaming cameras

17-05-2024 04:12:13

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User