Motion notifications get disabled all the time

I have a ring door view bell for a month, and I use the iPhone app. I have a recurrent issue: the motion notification switch in the app goes off by itself randomly, and then I don’t receive notifications until I notice it and switch it on.
This is not a camera issue, since the motion events are recorded properly in the cloud. It seems an app bug.
I am the only person using the app, I’m sure it’s not switched off by someone else.
I have triple checked that I have no schedules set for disabled notifications.
I contacted the support, they just told me to remove the app and reinstall it. It seemed to work for about one week, then the issue came back.
Am I the only one having this bug? This defeats the purpose of the cam as my primary use is to be notified of suspicious activity in front of my door…

2 Likes

Proof!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0jcK2KTo2ABEs5ofz77WlgSPA

It seems that restarting the app does indeed reset the notification button. This is an app bug.
How do I escalate this as a bug report? If I call the support they tell me to reinstall the app…

Hi,
Any idea on this issue? How may I report app bugs?

I’m having the same issue after a month of working properly. I was planning on adding more devices but this is discouraging. I’m going to delete the app and re-install.