Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
R
Motion notification during phonecall causes abrupt transition of call audio to speakerphone (Android)
app-settings
android
cs-support
notifications

Randomly for the last month or two while on a call, whether on a Bluetooth device or on the handset will switch to the speakerphone at full blast. I have a galaxy S9 phone. There are several others who have reported having this same issue that started around the same time frame. It appears that uninstalling the ring app from the phone solves the issue. This appears to be a bug in the ring app that needs fixed. Here is a link to another post that shows several others report having this issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/Ring/comments/17t7vf5/motion_notification_during_phonecall_causes/

07-01-2024 10:54:08

Responses (3)

J

Hi @rekindeldfire. If uninstalling and reinstalling the Ring app does not help, try also rebooting your phone to see if it helps. If these steps do not help, reach out to our support team to have this investigated more in depth. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

16-01-2024 07:13:29

U

This is happening to me as well, uninstalled and it’s working fine. Putting the Ring app back on and in middle of a call my speaker turns on. Extremely frustrating!

07-03-2024 05:48:00

C

Hi neighbors, try checking your phone settings to see if the Ring app has permission to access the telephone. This will allow the Ring app to know when you’re on a call, preventing the audio from switching to the speaker phone. Some neighbors in the Reddit thread shared in the original post have reported success with this troubleshooting step.

08-03-2024 09:43:55

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User