Motion not picked up until person at front door

I’ve exhausted all the options I know to regain the sensitivity and detection I had before the update that added Advanced Motion Detection. Reinstalling and reconnecting to my network made no difference and no amount of changing the detection zones or sensitivity has made a difference. Where it once detected vehicles entering my driveway now it sometimes does not detect until a person is at the door.

Next step is to contact customer support.

Try using a wireless device standing near the door bell. Run a speed test and watch a few youtube video (s) for a few minutes. Is there are buffering? Are you using other devices for the internet at the same time?

Same problem here, only installed it recently but it only starts recording when someone right at the front door, records fine as they walk back up the path but not much good just getting a back view of someone, have tried everything to try to get motion picked up when someone walking towards the door but nothing works, had it installed for security but need to have face filmed not just the back.

Hi neighbors. Inconsistent Motion is going to be dependent on the settings you have enabled on your Ring Doorbell. Things like Motion Zones, Motion Frequency, Mounting/Placement and your specific environment are all factors that will ultimately determine how your Ring Doorbell works for you. A Ring Doorbell mounted at an improper height/angle could put what you are trying to capture outside of the optimal motion detection zone. I would recommend adjusting these settings to see what works best for you.

It is also important to note that things like your RSSI and wifi interference can also contribute to intermittent/inconsistent motion detection. If this is the case, rebooting your internet router may improve your concern.

In the event that you’ve tried all these suggestions to no avail, it would be best to contact our support team so they can dive deeper into this for you and find a solution. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here . We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.