Motion not detected

I had a package delivery to the front door that was not caught by the ring motion detection. Based on the photo the delivery person took of the package they were definitely in the motion zone.

Are there options to debug this?
The motion detection has been working otherwise but it’s concerning someone can just come up and take a package without triggering it.

I also cannot see the delivery in the historical recording/snapshots - is this every 3 minutes? Should I change it to 30s?

Hi @mykohsu. I’d recommend checking the Motion Frequency setting you have enabled. If there was motion shortly before the package delivery, and you have your Motion Frequency set to Standard or Light, this is likely why it was not captured. You can learn more about Motion Frequency in our Help Center Article here. You may want to swap it to the Frequent setting to ensure all deliveries are captured. As for the Snapshot Capture feature, you can read more about that here as well. You can increase the frequency at which snapshots are taken depending on if you have a battery-operated or powered device.

Should you run into any missed motion events in the future, I would recommend giving our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to work directly with you and take a closer look at your device. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.