Motion Frequency won’t stay set to frequentt

Exactly. This fix should be Ring’s utmost priority. Some of us needs to have our cameras detecting and capturing events by the seconds. This problem is over 3 weeks old now and still not fixed. I am afraid this won’t be resolved because it’s taking this long. Furthermore, some of us are paying premium plus coverage and by not having Frequent detections, we are not receiving the services we’re paying for. Please Ring, fix this issue immediately I am a faithful and long time customer with multiple cameras and appreciate your customer service but don’t want to be mislead by having this issue ignored. Please Ring, fix this. Please! Thank you

3 Likes

I’m having the same frustrating issue! I reached out to technical support and they promised someone would reach back out in 48 hours and no one ever did. SMH it’s been like this for a week on my end, it’s frustrating especially not receiving any answers but the same tired runaround. I’ve tried resetting it and everything .Thanks to Ring cameras acting up yet again as it frequently does, I missed an important motion alert that should’ve been detected but was not.

I see the note saying this is resolved- it absolutely is not. The frequency setting goes back to the recommended one daily. When will this be fixed

4 Likes

When will we see this fixed Tom? Nothing has happened for weeks now

5 Likes

When is this going to get fixed!!!

Troubleshooting steps I’ve tried:

• Signed out of app > deleted and re-downloaded > signed back in

• Rebooted all devices

• Removed and re-added devices from app

• Changed battery in every camera and doorbell

• Even tried changing frequency to periodic and back to frequent

• Tried adding devices to a different account too

Based on my troubleshooting steps the issue lean’s more towards app software as opposed to the devices itself. This is a priority so please make it one. This whole issue deems ring products unusable of which goes against their whole purpose, “to capture video”.

This whole problem and erratic timescale to fix it surely entitles us that are affected to partial refunds for the monthly/yearly ring plan we are paying for! At this current period of time making ring devices pointless.

3 Likes

Motion Frequency keeps changing back to recommend from frequent ’ . I have updated both Iphone and ring app and uninstalled and installed app and removed camera and added back to as new , the frequency still goes back to regular. This issue needs to be resolved

1 Like

Why have you marked? This is resolved to make your ticket numbers look better. It’s not resolved. Don’t market resolved. How will we know when it’s really resolved? Well, I’m glad to see. I’m not crazy, but I really would like to see this get fixed at some point the fact that this has been going on as long as it has seems a little ridiculous. She’s gotta be a bug in the software somewhere or somebody’s hacked your code and done it, but you should’ve had it fixed by now.

2 Likes

It isn’t a “temporary solution” if the issue STILL exists and no solution anyone tried has solved it lol.

Ahhhh another day of my Ring camera still not working yet again!

Same problem here. Frequent motion will not save. Goes back to regularly every time the app closes. Annoying to say the least. Doesn’t capture people approaching - so what is the point of have a camera to record???

Yes! This feature has not been working since the beginning of April, 2024 and it’s very frustrating!!! Up until now, Ring had not resolved this issue nor “someone will email you within 48hrs” as reported by Ring customer service. Furthermore each time I call, customer service will say “it’s been escalated “ but still not fixed. I am missing a lot of detections and alerts and not getting what I’m paying for. There is another thread regarding this on this community site. Try to search Ring Motion Frequency won’t set to Frequentt. We need more “neighbors” to reach out to Ring as I am afraid Ring is not taking this seriously. By the way, Ring only allows 3 responses for this community group site which make me think they want to deal and fix our issues.

Ring tried to close the other thread as solved but no changes - we need help!

Same issues ongoing here! Not good enough for the amount we are now paying. When will this issue be resolved?

Same issue here. Really upsetting having spent £100 on camera & solar panel and not picking up bits. Hope this update gets corrected soon.

Same problem thought it was me

4-24-2024 - I’m having the same issue with motion frequency settings not being saved. It always reverts back to “regularly” each time after I change it to “frequently”. I’ve had people walking up to the camera and cars pulling into driveway without activating camera recording.

2 Likes

Please treat this as a critical issue. I echo the same concern as others on this forum. Motion won’t stick to frequent when updated via Ring iOS app. It goes back to default.

2 Likes

The same is happening to me. Keep missing footage.

You put that you were working on it on April 8. Here it is April 25 and it is still not working. Why isn’t this a high priority? Ring isn’t delivering as promised in the purchase so are we to anticipate refunds for lack of monitoring?

3 Likes

I have the same problem on both my ring outdoor solar cams.