Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
D
User Solution
Motion Frequency won’t stay set to frequentt
trending
battery-video-doorbell

Motion frequency settings keep changing back to recommended settings. I set it to frequent then close the app but when I check back later it’s set back to regular. This is happening with the latest IOS version of the app with the battery pro and plus

04-04-2024 12:51:30

Responses (57)

J
User Solution

Hi neighbors. Rest assured that our team is investigating and working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. When I have an update regarding this concern, I will make sure to post it here. Thank you for your time and patience. I will also be marking my response as a temporary solution so others can easily find this information.

08-04-2024 09:34:46

U

It isn’t a “temporary solution” if the issue STILL exists and no solution anyone tried has solved it lol.

23-04-2024 11:42:32

U

You put that you were working on it on April 8. Here it is April 25 and it is still not working. Why isn’t this a high priority? Ring isn’t delivering as promised in the purchase so are we to anticipate refunds for lack of monitoring?

25-04-2024 12:45:28

C
User Solution

This issue has been fixed in a recent update to the Ring app. Please check the app store on your phone to see if there’s an update available for the Ring app. Keep in mind that all app updates are released on a slow rollout. If you’re still having this concern after updating the app, please follow up with our support team so they can investigate further.

07-05-2024 07:58:47

C

Hi @Dnell410. Can you please share a short screen recording demonstrating this behavior? Additionally, which version of the Ring app and iOS are you currently running? You can find the app version on the bottom of the menu in the app.

05-04-2024 06:22:56

D

I’m unable to upload the screen recording due to size. I’m currently have app version XXXX on IOS version XXXX.

Also I talked to customer support and the suggestions that was made didn’t solve the issue.

06-04-2024 02:25:53

U

I have the same problem on both my ring outdoor solar cams.

25-04-2024 05:16:23

N

I am also having this issue, but I have figured out a slight workaround when I just leave the app open in the background and not close it after setting the motion frequency to avoid background app refresh. This works for me on iPhone, but I’m not sure for Samsung/android devices. I hope this somewhat helps, as I hope ring will address and fix this issue.

06-04-2024 01:57:28

D

I’ve been doing the same but I’m curious if the settings are being saved. On my Battery Doorbell Pro it takes a while before it picks motion back up compared to the Plus which used to only have a 2- 3s interval between motion events

06-04-2024 03:50:00

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User