Motion Frequency won’t stay set to frequentt

Motion frequency settings keep changing back to recommended settings. I set it to frequent then close the app but when I check back later it’s set back to regular. This is happening with the latest IOS version of the app with the battery pro and plus

1 Like

Hi @Dnell410. Can you please share a short screen recording demonstrating this behavior? Additionally, which version of the Ring app and iOS are you currently running? You can find the app version on the bottom of the menu in the app.

I’m unable to upload the screen recording due to size. I’m currently have app version 5.71.0 on IOS version 17.4.1.

Also I talked to customer support and the suggestions that was made didn’t solve the issue.

I am also having this issue, but I have figured out a slight workaround when I just leave the app open in the background and not close it after setting the motion frequency to avoid background app refresh. This works for me on iPhone, but I’m not sure for Samsung/android devices. I hope this somewhat helps, as I hope ring will address and fix this issue.

1 Like

I’ve been doing the same but I’m curious if the settings are being saved. On my Battery Doorbell Pro it takes a while before it picks motion back up compared to the Plus which used to only have a 2- 3s interval between motion events

Hi neighbors. Rest assured that our team is investigating and working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. When I have an update regarding this concern, I will make sure to post it here. Thank you for your time and patience. I will also be marking my response as a temporary solution so others can easily find this information.

I am having this same problem, no fixes yet

Installed the latest update and it didn’t fix the issue.

Are we ever going to see a fix for this?

1 Like

I am having this issue also on iOS 17.4.1 and app version 5.71.1 on a Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Gen hardwired.

This seems more like a possible firmware issue than an app issue though since the setting reverts after time without the application loaded.

I am having the same problem, app won’t save frequency settings to Frequent and once the app is refreshed it goes back to Regularly and I’m missing a lot detections and alerts. This was noticed over a week and a half ago and still waiting for Ring tech to reach out and get this fixed. Wondering how many more people are affected and why this is occurring. Please Ring, get this fixed!

1 Like

I am having the same problem , app won’t save frequency settings to Frequent and once the app is refreshed or closed it goes back to Regularly and due to this a lot of missing detections and alerts. This was noticed over a week and a half ago and still waiting for Ring tech to reach out and get this fixed. Please update asap. This should be a urgent and high request for RING.

I am having the same problem and it’s really frustrating how long is going to take to resolve this issues

1 Like

I agree with you. This is definitely an urgent matter that should be taken seriously.

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this same issue. I’m on the latest version of the iOS app. All cameras are up to date and it will not save.

I’ve also tried re-installing the app. Same issue.

I’m still waiting for Ring to reach out to me as what I was told but as of now, zero response as the app is not saving frequency settings to Frequent and keeps reverting back to Regularly. I’m missing a lot of detections and alerts and not getting my monies worth out of all the cameras and premium payments. Please Ring, fix your app settings. This is frustrating.

Hi Neighbors. Thank you for sharing your concern with this. As mentioned before, our team has been notified of this issue. Rest assured that they are working hard to correct this, and our goal is to get your Motion Frequency working as it should as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience while we work to correct this.

I am also dealing with this issue on multiple cams and hope that it’s resolved soon. Please don’t let this fall by the wayside such as the HDR setting issue on my spotlight cam which i reported 2 yrs ago and was never fixed.