Motion Frequency Option Missing - Ring Doorbell Wired

I’m trying to adjust the motion frequency on my new wired doorbells, front and back door, however the “Motion Frequency” option doesn’t exist under Advanced Settings, only “Motion Schedules.”
I have installed two Ring Doorbell Wired - 2021 releases.

Hi @snp32. Motion Frequency is an option available for battery-operated Ring devices to help preserve battery life. Wired Ring devices do not have that option since they do not need help to preserve battery life. You do have the options of Motion Zones, Motion Sensitivity and Smart Alerts, which are great tools to optimize your Motion Detection to best suit your needs. I hope you find this information useful.

1 Like

That makes no sense. I had a motion frequency setting somewhere in the past. I started getting frequent motion alerts and couldn’t figure out why or find the setting in the app. It’s downright crazy to think that because my cameras are wired, I want alerts every few seconds when someone is outside near a camera.

Tell me how to fix this. It’s unbearable.

Here is a link to the instructions for the WIRED version. It says that the option should be there. It’s missing.

Hi @Hagrinas. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’ve notified the appropriate to correct this concern. Motion Frequency is only available on our battery powered devices and is intended to aid in battery life.

Is there an update on this? I switched from Logitech to Ring (which has a time based frequency setting). This is unbearable not having a frequency setting for wired devices.

Hi @userClark. Wired devices do not need this setting because they do not need to conserve battery life because there is no battery. Wired devices can record a new motion event as long as there is active motion.

Motion Frequency is a desired feature for wired as well. The issue I have is that I get several notices in a row. For example, going to the mailbox, or taking out the trash triggers multiple notices. Pausing notifications for even 30 seconds after the first notification would dramatically improve the user experience.

Tom, actually the doorbell and any other ring camera should have an option to reduce the frequency of alerts, not eliminate them. Example, if someone arrives unexpectedly to service my lawn, I don’t need an alert every 10 seconds until I am able to reach my phone and snooze motion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.