Motion detector with a mind of its own

The motion detector on our camera seems to have a mind of its own. For a time, it wouldn’t pick up anything. I checked all the settings and nothing had changed. Now, it is going off randomly. We used to check to see if someone was actually there (usually not), now we just ignore it. Again, I have checked all the settings I can see, and nothing is odd or not normal. The camera works, the doorbell itself works, sounds are on, just the motion detector is the problem. Any ideas what’s going on and how to remedy it?

Hi there, @mikeandfaith! When motion events are being captured to any extent, this is a great start as it means the motion detection is working. To fine tune this motion detection, the settings are indeed best to check first. I recommend also considering any advanced settings such as People Only Mode. Depending on your device model, you might find interest in our Community post about customizable motion zones. It’s always good to consider things like mounting height, angle, and environmental factors. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Well, it worked fine for the first few months we had it. Then it just started doing it randomly. I didn’t change any settings between when it worked fine and then went random. Is there a way to reset it? Would that maybe help?