Motion Detector will not reconnect

Battery died on the Ring motion detector and I replaced it w/ the same CR123A model. As I’m setting up the device to add back to my Ring Alarm System, it does NOT recognize the device at all. I’ve followed the troubleshooting tips 50x now and nothting happens when I try to add the device. Can anyone offer a few words of advice? I’m literally sittign at the Base Station w/ my phone (which has the Ring app) and it simply won’t add back.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Hey @steffj. When you are adding it back, is it unable to scan it at all, or you can scan it, but then it’s “waiting to connect to network”? If it’s waiting to connect to a network, follow these steps for me:

• Take the cover off of the Motion Detector, the battery out, and bring the device right next to the Base Station, if not right on top to be as close as possible
  • Go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Base Station > Gear Icon at the top right > Advanced Options > Z-Wave > Remove Z-Wave Device
  • When you hit the Remove button at the bottom, it’ll say “Listening for devices” and as it says this, put the battery back in, leave the cover off
  • If you get a successfully removed message, if you go back into Devices and look at the Motion Detector, it should say tampered (which means cover is off), so put the cover back on
  • Once the cover is back on, finish the setup by selecting the sensor and giving it the Name, Room, and Placement it needs.

If this fails, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how it goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like