Motion Detector not working

Hi all. Looking for any advice. Installed the alarm system and all was well. Several hours later added three new users (my kids) who will need access to set and disarm the system. The motion detector then failed to trigger the alarm, although it reports motion detected. It was set up in Room with 30 sec delay. Nothing I could do would get it to trigger the alarm. So, removed it from the system. Now, it will not connect. Have removed and replaced battery but no luck. Anyone else had this issue? Really frustrating as it was working perfectly, for all of two hours! Thanks in advance.

Hi @Nickb7035. Since your motion detector is not connecting back like it should, you may need to reset the device before trying to “Set up a Device” first. Check out our Ring Help Center Article here for more information on how to reset your device. Once reset, try to set it up again and let me know if it works normally from there! Please note that all motion detectors have a dwell time, so if there was motion detected recently, it needs 3 minutes before it can “trigger” and detect motion again.

Hello, I’m having a similar issue, did you get yours to work? my motion detector is not picking up any movement even if I stand walk around in front of it. I’ve taken out the battery, reset it and added the device again, no joy with any of these attempts to get it to work. Any advice?

Hey @Meenhaz. It sounds like you’ve done most of the basic trouble shooting I typically recommend. Since that didn’t seem to work, I’d reach out to our support team to see what might be happening. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I did just that and have been advised that my unit requires replacing.

cheers, Meenhaz

1 Like

Hi @Meenhaz. Great to hear that our support team was able to take care of you! :smiley: