Motion Detection won't pause/stop

I have tried everything to turn off the motion sensor. I have paused it. (and the slider shows off). However, I am still getting chimes. Any help/thoughts? Thanks!

Hi @brn2rnjk1! Try removing the Ring app and reinstalling it on your mobile device, and then attempt to toggle motion alerts to see if this resolves it. Ring device and mobile device connection plays an important part of any settings changes being applied properly.

If you have a Ring Chime device, you will want to also alter the settings for that device in the Ring app. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

We’ve been having the same problem with our Stick Up Cam, which is pointed at the back yard and is frequently detecting motion from shrubbing moving in the wind. To make it more annoying our Alexa device announce the alert each time it occurs. I’ve removed the app from my phone, rebooted the phone, re-installed the app, rebooted the phone again, but still cannot pause motion detection on the Stick Up Cam. Is there a fix for this planned? I’d really rather not use the modes feature for this.

And now it seems that even mode settings doesn’t work. I’ve got the problem device set to “Disarmed” in Mode Settings and am still getting motion alerts in the smartphone app as well as in Alexa. This is extremely annoying.

Hey @MikeH2. Have you been in touch with our support team on this concern? If Modes is not working to disable your motion detection, you will want to reach out to our support team to see what could be causing this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks Chelsea - I’m in a call with them now. For some reason I never received notification that you had replied.

On edit: Thought that tech support had resolved the problem (she was patient and helpful) but am still getting alerts even though Motion Alerts are Snoozed for the problem device.

I’m pretty sure there is some sort of problem with the Snooze feature in the app. How can I get a resolution to this problem?

@MikeH2 Happy to follow up here! Just to ensure we have the right process here - when you go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Stick Up Cam > Motion Snooze > You select the time you want and tap on Save Snooze Settings. Please note the max for this is 4 hours, so after this time, it will resume the alerts. This is the same process you are taking, correct?

If you are taking this process, this will snooze the alerts for your Ring app for this time. During this snooze, you’re still getting Ring app notifications, or are you saying that the Alexa is still announcing for movement? Please know that Motion Snooze only affects the Ring app, so you may have to then also snooze Alexa. Wanted to clear that up in case that was the confusion.

You can also try a Motion Schedule if you need the snooze longer than 4 hours, or for certain times, as this should also pause the Motion Alerts. If you’ve done all of this and you’re still getting motion alerts to your Ring app, please let me know what phone you are running the App on and what OS the phone is running! :slight_smile:

My ring doorbell 2 is hooked up to my amazon echo speaker inside my house for sound and it does not pause/silence when i set it for that on my phone. It works on my phone but does not silence the interior speaker… suggestions?

Hey @CEdgren. You will need to silence or put Alexa on a snooze as well during the same time you snooze the device on the Ring app, as the snooze is exclusive to the App/Alexa device’s App. You can learn how some Reddit users did this here.

@chelsea_ring Will the Chime work more in combination w/ the doorbell 2, when silent the device will silence the Chime as well? Please advise…

Is the latest chime compatible w/ my Doorbell 2 device?

@CEdgren The latest Chime 2nd Generation is compatible with all of our Ring Cameras and Doorbells! You will need to need to link them in the app once the Chime is set up by going under Linked Chimes for the Doorbell 2’s profile page under Devices. Once these are linked, you should be set in hearing the chimes that go through the Doorbell also go to this Chime. If you utilize the Motion Snooze feature to snooze your alerts from coming through on your phone, you will also need to snooze the Chime as well, as these snoozes do not apply to the other when activated. You can snooze the Chime by going into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Chime > Chime Snooze. :slight_smile: