Motion detection pattern changed

I originally set the motion pattern to cover just the front door so people have to walk near the front doot for the Ring bell to sound off. But now, for some unknown reason, people on sidewalk, even cars passing by my house would trigger the motion detection too. I don’t know why!!! it’s very annoying becase the bell rings a lot, 20, 30 times a day.

How do I change the motion detection pattern back to the way it was before? Thanks.

I would like to change my pattern also. How do I do it.

Hey @CanhBui! I’ve moved you post over here as it sounds like it is related to the Doorbell motion detection. To alter your motion detection settings, please try the following:

1. Open the Ring app
  2. Open the menu in the app (top left)
  3. Select Devices
  4. Select your Doorbell device
  5. On this page, select Device Settings
  6. Then Select Motion Settings
  7. Here you will see the ability to alter zones and sensitivity options.

As every environment is unique, sometimes trial and error is needed to fully optimize your motion detection. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the same problem.
There are zones defined wich worked right before but since like a month it is reacting to people outside the zones.

I deleted a zone and made a new one but that makes no difference.

Really annoying.

Are there other solutions?

Hendrie

Sorry, I know it’s very annoying. Fortunately, I was able to fix that problem by following the Ring Team instruction to change the pattern. Here are the steps I did:

1. Open the Ring app
  2. Open the menu in the app (top left)
  3. Select Devices
  4. Select your Doorbell device
  5. On this page, select Device Settings
  6. Then Select Motion Settings
  7. Here you will see the ability to alter zones and sensitivity options.

Hope it helps.

Canh

I have followed these instructions repeatedly and have the sensitivity set to minimum, and i still get 120+ notifications a day. the blue motion zone circle doesn’t even reach the sidewalk, and IT still picks up cars on the street.

I have Ring Doorbell 2, replacing a Ring doorbell Pro which had great motion detection (multple zones) but wouldn’t stay powered.