Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
Z
Motion detection off
modes
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
I have several indoor cameras all tied into the Ring alarm which works fine. Recently, when i get up in morning/home from work i switch the alarm off from keypad the cameras are still recording with motion detection on. If i walk past a camera to go upstairs it starts recording me and i dont want this. Before, when i turned the alarm off from keypad, Alexa or phone everything went off which is what i want. Yes, i can turn the motion detection off from my phone but a warning tells me it will be reactivated when i turn on then off next time. I know this might not seem like im talking sense but im sorry. Im recovering from a stroke and typing takes ages. Any replies keep it simple!

05-08-2022 06:36:04

Responses (7)

C
Hi @Zeb1. If you change the Mode in the Ring app, do your Cameras still record and detect motion? Try verifying the motion detection and recording options under the [Modes settings](https://community.ring.com/t/setting-modes-on-your-ring-doorbell-or-home-security-camera/133923) for your Cameras to ensure that they are set to behave how you want in each Mode. It's possible that these settings may have been accidentally changed or adjusted, so it's worth verifying them.

05-08-2022 05:34:41

Z
If i change to 'home' mode, the cameras continue to detect motion & record. It never used to be like this so something has changed and i didn't do it.

09-08-2022 04:49:13

Z
I've had to type an addition. When i disarm the alarm the cameras continue to monitor for movement and record. It never used to do this and i have not changed any settings. Yes i can manually switch the movement sensors off but it never used to be like this and this is annoying the hell out of me. Before, when i disarmed it EVERYTHING was disabled.

09-08-2022 04:11:56

T
Hi @Zeb1. For Home Mode, Indoor cameras don't detect motion or provide video or snapshots. Doorbells and outdoor Cams work as normal. Is the camera you are mentioning listed as an indoor or outdoor Cam? If possible, share a screenshot of your Mode Settings so we can better assist you in making the necessary adjustments. Thanks, neighbor.

10-08-2022 05:58:12

Z
See if these screenshots work which show what i on about. ![11.08.22(2)|225x500](upload://t7THDEQ7GQaK7pkZrPnlUBUJYYT.jpeg) ![11.08.22|225x500](upload://kCHUCgtLTz8ZnUyTAJcwr552QTa.jpeg)

11-08-2022 07:19:40

Z
As you can see, when disarmed or in home mode the cameras continue to monitor and record. The cameras are all indoor and i have not changed any settings. Ring have changed the settings without asking me first.

11-08-2022 09:53:24

Z
How do i see that? You need to be aware i am recovering from a stroke and dont think as clearly as others.

11-08-2022 06:13:36

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User