Motion detection black

Hi
Motion detection is showing up as an event but when i view it is just a black screen (for some not all).
I’ve researched a little and seen it could be due to poor router connection - but mine is fine.
Help appreciated.
thanks

Hi @CCRing. There could be a few different causes for seeing a black video from Live View or recorded events. I’d first recommend checking the RSSI to make sure your Doorbell is receiving a strong and stable wifi connection. You can learn more about RSSI in this Help Center article. After checking the RSSI, you can find some additional troubleshooting steps for video concerns here. Lastly, it’s also important to make sure the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are open, otherwise there may be problems displaying videos.

If none of the resources I shared help resolve this and you continue to see black videos, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper dive into this with you. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.