Motion detected but not recorded

Good morning.

I have a video doorbell pro that has recently been sending notifications that motion is detected but then it isn’t recorded. The event is in my timeline but I can’t click on it at all. This has been happening more and more recently. Several times a day.

What would cause such a thing and how can I correct this issue?

Hi @Its-Just-Al. To confirm, you’ll need an active Ring Protect plan in order to view recorded events in your Event History. Without an active subscription to a Ring Protect plan, you can still receive notifications and access the Live View. You can find more information on our Ring Protect plans in our Help Center Article here. Note that the plan has to be active at the time an event occurs in order for that recording to be viewable.

If you do have an active Ring Protect plan and this is still happening, please reach out to our support team so they can look into this further. You can give them a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: