Motion detect/alert in both disarmed and away

I am having trouble understanding the doorbell/camera modes. I get motion detection/motion alerts/recording across all three modes. The home mode adds a verbal alert too.

Short of snoozing individual devices, how do I get the system to turn off all motion detection and alerts when I’m outside cutting the grass?

As a secondary issue, how do a get the system to allow a cloud shadow to move across the driveway without generating motion detection/alert/recording?

Hi @Martys_dad. You can use Modes to control how all of your Video Doorbells and Cameras behave based on which Mode they are in. This Help Center article here will give you directions on how to edit each Mode to your liking. You can also use the Global Snooze to snooze all motion notifications for Video Doorbells and Cameras at the same time for a set amount of time.

If your motion detection is not working as you would like, you can edit the Motion Settings for each Ring device to make adjustments. There is the Motion Sensitivity that you can adjust if you are getting too many Motion Alerts. For each Video Doorbell or Camera follow these steps to change the sensitivity:

• Open Ring app
  • Select the menu button (three lines, top left).
  • Tap Devices
  • Select your Ring device.
  • Select Motion Settings.
  • Choose Motion Sensitivity.
  • Adjust the bar to your liking and save.

This Help Center here has information on other Motion Settings you can adjust for your Ring devices. I hope this helps!