Motion but no video recorded

Someone just was on our door. Got notification but there is no video in history. But there is a 2 minute gap in the timeline snapshots at the time of the motion.
I tested to trigger it myself and we get notification and can start the live feed, but there is nothing in history.
I have looked in 3 different phones and it is the same in them all.

Ring stickup Elite hard wired. Up and running according to device heath.
Protect basic plan.

Same. Last recording was an hour ago.

1 Like

Same here. I have a bazillion notifications and not one recording

Has anything changed same problem here

Same problem here since 1 PM PST.

Same here I check the event history last recording was at 4:02 but I’m getting notifications every time it’s a motion but nothing in the history

UPDATE - Was just able to use Live View & able to see video in history.

Yes, same issue here. Have been on the phone with tech support for over an hour & no resolution as of yet.

So it’s working now the motions are not being recorded and saved in the event history??

Only Live View working now…no motions, notifications or videos of motions.

Hey neighbors. Sorry to hear about these issues. Right now, Ring is experiencing some technical difficulties. You can view update by clicking the Red Banner at the top of this page, or by visiting here. Thank you for your patience.

Are the videos recorded but not visible or are they lost?

I am now getting no motion alerts or videos, but Live View is working.

Same here! I took screen shots of my notification screen and event history to prove it. This scares me. What else is it not recording?

Tech Support called me back after an hour…Live View & videos now working, & motion notifications & videos working. Can see videos in history.

1 Like

Hi there. I have just noticed that between 8pm UK time yesterday and 5pm today I have no motion notifications or recordings. What is going on??

I’m not getting in notifications for motions and it’s not showing in the history

Hi there, neighbors! Receiving a motion notification is a great sign that your Ring device is online and that your Ring app is communicating as intended. If you are not receiving notifications, please check your Ring app modes settings, motion scheduling settings, and Device Health section which will confirm your Ring device connection. Please also check your mobile device connection and ensure there is not a vpn enabled.

Next, please trigger a live view from the Ring app to confirm this connects and shows videos, and then records thereafter. If this concern persists, and there is no recording despite your Protect Plan Subscription being active, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.