Motion announcements

Can you make it so the ring app picks up the NAME of the camera and announces the name instead of “Motion at your stick up cam”?

I want to know which stick up cam had the motion.

@JustJoe wrote:
Can you make it so the ring app picks up the NAME of the camera and announces the name instead of “Motion at your stick up cam”? I want to know which stick up cam had the motion.

Currently, the audible announcement and sounds are limited, and cannot audibly announce the Name of which camera had the motion.

But you are not limited to only hearing “Motion at your stick up cam” for all your cams. You can select different Alert-Tone sounds for each of your cameras. To control the Alert-Tones (the sounds you hear on the App, and on your Alarm Base Station & Alarm Keypads, if you have them) by adjusting your settings; from main-menu (upper-left-corner, the three horizontal lines), select “Devices” > select your camera > and then in the lower-half of this page, scroll and select “Device Settings” (the Gear Icon) > “Alert Settings” > “App Alert Tones” > and you can adjust “Volume” and/or select which “Sounds” you hear. From the choices, you can assign a different sound (like Cowbell, Echo, Dogs, Silent, etc.) for each of your cameras, and then at least you can then audibly know which cam is detecting motion.

If you think it would be nice for Ring to provide a method for having a audible announcement tailored to each camera’s Name, then click on this link, and add your vote to get Ring Teams attention by clicking on the “Thumbs Up” icon at the beginning of the thread, in the upper-left corner:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/49415

Now, you can also have a text-type written Notification (non-audible) sent/pushed to your phone app, that will display the Name that you assigned to your camera. That would be another method to help you identify which camera detected the motion. To control the Motion-Alerts (the ‘pushed’ text-notification you receive on your App) by adjusting your settings; from main-menu (upper-left-corner, the three horizontal lines), select “Devices” > select your cam > and then in the upper-half of this page, toggle ON or OFF the Motion Alerts.

I hope you find this information useful :slight_smile: