Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
G
Motion Announcement Change Request
hardwired-security-cameras
app-request

We have multiple Ring devices at our home, including doorbells and Spotlight Cams. I’ve set up the Spotlight Cams to announce to individuals they’re being recorded, however, as a Home Security Device, I don’t want the announcement to welcome the individual, especially if they’re a criminal (it starts by saying “Hello”).

My suggestion is to change the announcement for motion detection to something like this: “This home is under Ring Video Surveillance and you are currently being recorded”.

It’s matter of fact, lets people know the entire home is covered (whether it is or isn’t, people don’t have to know). Again, for me, a security company should make homeowners feel safe, not thieves are welcomed…

31-01-2024 01:01:50

Responses (2)

J

Hi @GiveMeGlenn. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

01-02-2024 05:45:48

M

I also would like to be able to customize the motion warning.

04-02-2024 07:12:04

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User