Motion alerts

I can’t turn my motion alerts on to alert me on my phone! I’ve tried everything I know but every time I press the toggle to turn on it slides back off

i am having the same issue with my alerts. i had disabled the ring alerts, motion detection, and motion alerts yesterday when i had a contractor going in and out of the front door. i was able to enable motion detection, but ring alerts and motion alerts will not enable (slide for both turns back off). i had disabled these same alerts previously and enabled without issue. what changed with Ring?

Hey neighbors. There are a few factors that can contribute to notifications being delayed. This Help Center article here will give you some troubleshooting steps for iPhone, and this one here for Android. You’ll want to make sure that you have location permissions enabled and that your notifications are cleared. I hope this helps!

1 Like

I have the same issue… When I turn on the Motion Detection, it immediately switches off.

I have tried logging off, logging back again, reinstalling the app, clear cache and data, uninstall and reinstall with all data wiped. Still doesn not work!!

SOLVED THE ISSUE

I have manage to turn on Motion Detection and Motion Notifications finally !!

Steps:

1. Navigate to Motion Setting
  2. Click on Advanced Settings
  3. Click on Advanced Motion Detection and turn it ON
  4. Add a zone and Save
  5. Go back and turn ON Motion Detection

Now, if you don’t need Advanced Motion Detection, you can turn it OFF. But Motion Detection and Motion Notifications still works

Tried this on Android

1 Like