Motion alerts notifications background color not following system

I’ve set my lock screen so that notifications are transparent. However whenever the app shows a notification of a motion alert and includes the image it sets the background of the notification to the default white color. The same thing happens if you change the default notification background color, all other apps are updated and use the different color, but the ring motion alerts have the same white background.

As far as I can tell it hasn’t been done to stand out, its a relatively poor implementation of hard coding the background color instead of matching the system. As far as I can tell from testing with a custom app its a developer defined setting, not due to the type of notification.

Hi @user21614. Would you mind sharing a screenshot showing the difference in how your notifications appear? Feel free to cover any personal information. I’d like to see an example of the difference in how the notifications are displayed so I can check with my team on this. :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn,

Attached one below, I wrote up the issue in more detail on the app requests page here. If you need any further details please let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

@user21614 Thank you for sharing that screenshot. I’ve shared this information with my team so they can address the intended notification behavior in a future Ring app update. I don’t have an exact release date or an ETA for any future updates as things are always subject to change, but it’s always recommended to keep your Ring app updated to ensure you can access all of the features available. Thanks for your feedback and patience. :slight_smile:

Hey Caitlyn,

It appears the fix was included in the latest app update, thanks! I don’t seem to be able to re-open the feature request and include this there, but I have a minor issue with the changes.

As you can see in the image below the new style of notifications match the background color / transparency as requested. However the image is tiny compared to the previous version (previous version screenshot is from my partners phone whose app hasn’t updated yet). I know this might seem like a minor thing but it makes it difficult to actually see the content from either pop up notifications at the top of the screen or in the notification feed / lock screen. From testing it appears this affects both motion and ring alerts. Would it be possible to get this fixed? Thanks!