Modes not working

So I have set up modes to NOT record motion when in home OR disarm mode on my stick up cam, yet as I sit here with I can see the little red light on the cam on. Also the light is on whether I have the lights on or off in my living room… I have read that the red light indicates night vision, bit if the camera is not set to record anything in the mode that it is in why does the little red light have to be on? This is really annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Modes not working

Hi @njjayt82. Thanks for attaching that screenshot and photo. Have you tried testing it to see if it is recording when you have it in the Disarmed or Home modes? Try walking in front of it a few times and then checking the Event History to see if it is incorrectly recording and logging events. If it is, I’d recommend toggling the record motion off and then back on again to see if this corrects the concern.

If that doesn’t do the trick, try resetting that Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once the reset is complete, you’ll want to set it back up in the Ring App with the steps under Set Up a Device. Let me know if either of these suggestions worked out for you, or if it’s still recording when it should not be. :slight_smile: