Mode settings - Save failed

Hello Neighbors,

I am having issues saving the mode settings on my own account. This is not just on a mobile device, but it happens on the ring website as well. Upon enabling the inspect on chrome for Ring website, I could see “403 Forbidden” error when saving the mode settings.

To me it looks like someone from Ring development team has messed up the permissions on the modes and absolutely I have no control of the mode settings on my own account. I am forbidden on my own account.

Ring support team is still doing basic trouble shooting like asking me to uninstall the app on my mobile, reboot, install again, change account password, install ring app on android device, etc… All these steps are useless because the error is on the server side and not the client side.

Does anyone else have or had the same issue before? If so, how did you get control over the settings.

Hi @user38760. It’s always a good step to make sure that everything is updated, including the Ring app, your mobile phone’s operating software, and your web browser. If you’re using a VPN, ensure this is turned off or set to exclude Ring traffic, as the Ring app is not compatible with the use of a VPN. If this concern persists, you’ll need to follow up with our support team so they can investigate this further. Once basic troubleshooting has been completed with support, they may need to escalate the concern. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.