Mode control of notifications, lights and recording

I’m trying to do what seems to be a pretty straightforward task. I have a ring alarm system with two floodlight cams and one doorbell.

This is how I want my system set up, controlled by the mode of the alarm. I do not want to have to change any other settings other than arming and disarming my alarm. Don’t refer me to scheduling, as these requirements have no basis on time or date.

AWAY mode: Motion lights are active, cameras record, I get all alerts on my phone
HOME mode: Motion lights are active, cameras record, only doorbell alerts on my phone
DISARMED mode: Motion lights disabled, cameras record, only doorbell alerts on my phone.

The issues I’m having are:

1. I cannot set up global notification settings so that the system provides phone alerts while system is armed in away mode but only doorbell rings when system is home or disarmed.

2. I cannot keep the cameras recording when the system is disarmed. In modes, I only have the option to completely disable the cameras when disarmed or enable them, which means I get alerts, unless I manually disable the alerts which means I have to remember to turn them back on.

3. I cannot keep the motion lights from coming on while I’m home without manually disabling the lights, which means I have to remember to turn them back on. This is really annoying when I’m trying to relax in the backyard at night.

Is this possible???

Hi @GStrick. Thanks for providing those details. At the moment, the level of customization you are trying to achieve is just not possible. Although we do have great feature like Geofence, Modes for Cameras and Snooze, they don’t have the level on configuration that you are trying to achieve. However, we are always looking to improve and I can absolutely voice your feedback to the appropriate team.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!