Mode Changes Automatically

Am I missing a something or not looking in the right place for the setting or does the ring video doorbell app really not have the logic programmed to use the location geo-sensing in your smart phone to know when you are Home (mode) versus Away (more) like the Smarty Security app associated with my Ooma VoIP phone and security systems. It changes modes automatically as I come and go. My ring device should do the same things.

The Ring alarm does not have Geo-fencing. It’s been asked for many times already. You can try a third party app like Simple Commands that does allow Ring to work with Geo-fencing though. I use it to set my alarm times to arm and disarm but haven’t had a need to try the Geo-fencing. Hope this helps for now…

1 Like

Why isn’t Ring addressing this question? I have the Arlo doorbell at the other house and it has the ability to automatically arm when we drive away with geofencing. When we return, it disarms. Come on Ring. Most people want this feature.

Hi @user33450. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created the Feature Request board. It helps us organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. I was able to find this Feature Request post requesting the same feature. Feel free to add a vote or comment on it.