Missing Video for different time periods

So our car was broken into again last night. I went to check my Ring app and shows “This footage is not available” for the following time periods:

10:30pm to 12:30am

1:30am to 3:30am

4:30am to 5:30am

It’s recorded everything ever since. Is this a wifi problem? Are the criminals doing something to break the signal? Is this Ring’s fault? Basically, what’s going on here and how can I fix it so we our vehicles remain safe.

I’m using the Ring Peephole that’s aimed directly at the car. I get notifications when a car drives by our house.

1 Like

Hey @FudgeBrownies. Have you reached out to our support team on this concern? They can take an in-depth look at your account to see if the device was offline during this time, having a hard time communicating, or what the concern with the video being unavailable is. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back to this thread and let us know how this went! :slight_smile: