Missing free faceplate email after installing Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2

I installed a new Video Doorbell Pro 2 and the app notified me that I’d be receiving an email to claim a free faceplate (different color). I immediately received a “Welcome to your new “, but there was no mention of a free faceplate in the email itself, nor any of the referenced links from the email. After several hours, I have not received the info about redeeming a free faceplate. Thank you for the help.

1 Like

@MJBFI It can take a few days for the email to arrive, for me it was about 3 days. If you have not had in in about a week I would give support a call.

1 Like

Same here as well. It has been a week.

Hey neighbors. If you haven’t received an email after a reasonable amount of time, you can reach out to our support team and they’ll be happy to help you with this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I just got off the phone with Ring Support for the same issue - did not receive my digital coupon for a faceplate. Ring Support told me because I purchased the device on Amazon and not directly from the Ring website, they are responsible for issuing the coupon; she even sent me an email saying I am entitled to one… I called Amazon and was not surprised to hear they had no idea why Ring Support would refer me to them and they have nothing to do with it. Should I call back Ring and hope to get someone who can help me or just ask for a supervisor?

The Ring website does not say anything about having to purchase directly from your website.

1 Like

Hi @Steve00, happy to chime in for Tom here. Yes I would definitely recommend contacting our support team regarding the faceplate to see what they can do for you in this situation. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here in order to follow up with them.

I had same issue. Bought a Pro 2 on Sept 1 (>3 weeks ago) and was told I’d receive a code. Then, when I contact support, it was another terrible experience. Instead of “sure, let me send you a code”. It was 15 minutes of back and forth on background they already have. And still, instead of sending a code after I verified my account they asked for all of my personal information again. It shouldn’t be so hard to get something associated with a purchase. I would expect a “sure, I see you bought a pro 2, let me get a code sent to your email like we said we would”. I expect better from a company like Ring/Amazon.

Well I just purchased the ring doorbell pro two and I will give it three weeks to see if I’m able to get the free face plate and and as petty as this sounds if I have any problems with Ring and they tell me I have to go through Amazon I will take that ring doorbell pro two off and send it right back to Amazon and get a full refund and purchase it somewhere else because what you’re not going to do is deceive the customers and lie. If I’m not mistaken doesn’t Amazon own the ring? If so why would customers be redirected to Amazon?

1 Like

Same here, bought a video doorbell pro 2 and installed it a few weeks ago, and the ring app said that I would receive an email which I still haven’t…I logged into my Ring account and did a live chat, was told to wait longer in a kind of rude way… still waiting… Amazon owns Ring, and if I get the run around I will be ■■■■■■

Ring customer service is a joke. Call center with so much background noise (many conversations and loud) hard to understand due to language and noise. After going back and forth I’m told that even though the setup tells you you’ll receive an email for the faceplate, that’s only if you buy from ring.com. Complete BS if you ask me. My pro 2 registration and device show on my account but the rep just told me even though I was told I would be receiving the email I won’t

1 Like

Hey neighbors. Any questions or concerns regarding a promised discount or promotion code should be directed to our support team at one of the numbers available here. There is no guarantee that our support team will provide the discount you’re asking about, but they will have the most current information regarding any sales or promotional offers.

1 Like

I had the same problem and the person I spoke to at Ring support was very rude. They told me I should have ordered directly from the ring website so it’s my fault I have to pay extra for a faceplate. I ended the chat and contacted Amazon. Amazon apologized for the way ring treated me and then told me to keep the doorbell and that they’ll refund me the full amount I spent on the doorbell. Amazon for the win. Now my new Doorbell Pro 2 will only cost me the price of a faceplate.

Same issue here. I received an email saying I would receive a code for a free faceplate but never did. An important note, I ordered direcrlg through Ring. However, that hasnt helped my case. I have now called Ring support on TWO sepearate occasions, each for 20-30 minutes long, just to receive the run-around. Each time I was told I “should have” received a separate email with a code for a free faceplate soon after my purchase. Of course I never did. Then I am told that they are unable to issue another code because it is only issued automatically after purchase (not in reality, though). And each time the rep attempts to order one for me, but my reauested color is said to be “out of stock.” And this is my biggest source of frustration. While they say the faceplate is out of stock, I have simultaneously pulled the exact “out of stock” faceplate up on both Ring.com and Amazon.com, and it clearly shows it available for purchase. I explain this fact, but they always insist its out of stock on their screen. Wow! I guess my only recourse now is to contact my credit card company and fille a dispute. I have seen the option to file a partial refund, so I will dispute the Ring Doorbell transaction but only in the dollar value of my desired faceplate I should have received with purchase, you know, the one I should have mounted on my doorbell already.