Missing free faceplate email after installing Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2

I installed a new Video Doorbell Pro 2 and the app notified me that I’d be receiving an email to claim a free faceplate (different color). I immediately received a “Welcome to your new “, but there was no mention of a free faceplate in the email itself, nor any of the referenced links from the email. After several hours, I have not received the info about redeeming a free faceplate. Thank you for the help.

@MJBFI It can take a few days for the email to arrive, for me it was about 3 days. If you have not had in in about a week I would give support a call.

1 Like

Same here as well. It has been a week.

Hey neighbors. If you haven’t received an email after a reasonable amount of time, you can reach out to our support team and they’ll be happy to help you with this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I just got off the phone with Ring Support for the same issue - did not receive my digital coupon for a faceplate. Ring Support told me because I purchased the device on Amazon and not directly from the Ring website, they are responsible for issuing the coupon; she even sent me an email saying I am entitled to one… I called Amazon and was not surprised to hear they had no idea why Ring Support would refer me to them and they have nothing to do with it. Should I call back Ring and hope to get someone who can help me or just ask for a supervisor?

The Ring website does not say anything about having to purchase directly from your website.

Hi @Steve00, happy to chime in for Tom here. Yes I would definitely recommend contacting our support team regarding the faceplate to see what they can do for you in this situation. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here in order to follow up with them.

I had same issue. Bought a Pro 2 on Sept 1 (>3 weeks ago) and was told I’d receive a code. Then, when I contact support, it was another terrible experience. Instead of “sure, let me send you a code”. It was 15 minutes of back and forth on background they already have. And still, instead of sending a code after I verified my account they asked for all of my personal information again. It shouldn’t be so hard to get something associated with a purchase. I would expect a “sure, I see you bought a pro 2, let me get a code sent to your email like we said we would”. I expect better from a company like Ring/Amazon.