Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
F
Missing (but active) Motion Schedules
trending
hardwired-security-cameras
battery-video-doorbell
motion-settings
In the last few days some of our Motion Schedules have disappeared from the iOS / iPad OS app, for our Floodlight Cam (2nd gen) and our Video Doorbell 3 Plus. Whilst this would be frustrating, what makes the issue worse was that one was enabled (which is only used occasionally) and it can not be disabled as it no longer show in the app. This is stopping us from receiving “Motion Alerts” on the Floodlight Cam. When trying to switch the “Motion Alerts” toggle in the app a pop up appears stating that a “Motion Schedule” is in use and enabling “Motion Alerts” will disable the “Motion Schedule”, when agreed to nothing happens and the “Motion Allerts” remain off. The “Motion Schedule” is clearly still there and enabled as the “Motion Allerts” disable and enable based on the time in the [hidden] “Motion Schedule”. So the issue is that we have no access to most of our “Motion Schedules” and one is enabled, which we can not see or disable. UPDATE: 05/09/2023 - just updated iOS app to latest version (5.64.0) and motion schedules are still not showing. I was hoping this update may have fixed the issue, but no luck so far.

31-07-2023 08:14:08

Responses (30)

U
I have a video doorbell 3 and until recently everything was working fine. However ive noticed that my motion schedule has dissappeared from the motion schedules tab in my app, this causes 2 problems 1) My motion alerts are still activating / deactivating as if a schedule is in effect. 2) I'm unable to switch alerts on manually during the day because when I try i get a pop up message saying that theres a scedule in effect that is preventing alerts from being activated. So far I've reset the doorbell, removed it from my account and re added reset my app, deleted the cache and all data. But nothing has solved this issue. Any help would be appreciated

01-08-2023 09:36:16

R
I have the same problem. I have tried removing the device from the app, also deleted the app and reinstalled. No joy. I see a similar thing happed in Oct’22 and it requires a software fix in the app.

03-08-2023 11:00:22

J
Having the exact same issue with our indoor cam. I've deleted the app, removed/re-added the device, renamed the device, created new motion schedule and nothing. Still saying it's active and hidden. Modes don't affect it either. Hoping this is just a bug that needs to be fixed because we are not getting any alerts at the moment

03-08-2023 10:50:10

M
We've got the same problem. The motion schedule is still active but when I went to deactivate it yesterday, it doesn't appear. Very annoying!

04-08-2023 10:10:26

U
Hi, Im the owner. Im unable to turn motion settings on because the app tells me that there's a schedule preventing it, it then gives me the option to turn off the schedule, however immediately after I click turn off, the motion setting reverts back to its original state (Disabled) ![SmartSelect_20230806_183214_Ring|345x500](upload://kFt1HyGvacL1uiHDehmnLSuCbZh.jpeg)

06-08-2023 05:34:15

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User