Missing ability to link smart lights in ring app

In the past I was able to link smart lights together. Today I added a new light and noticed that this function is longer available. I even noticed that my motion sensor at the end of my driveway no longer has the ability to turn on my lights in the front of my house. The only option is to link my front doorbell. What the heck happened???

I’m seeing the same thing as well. My motion detectors only allow linking with other camera devices and not smart lighting groups.

Hi neighbors! Which Ring Smart Lighting devices are you trying to link together, and are they in a Light Group? Are you trying to link one Smart Lighting device to a group, or two Light Groups together? Feel free to attach any screenshots to better demonstrate the setup you’re aiming for, that way I can see what you’re seeing on your end in the Ring app.

1 Like

Here’s a screenshot of the linking options for one of my motion sensors. Currently it only allows linking to camera devices, but in the past the other lighting groups I have would show up there as well.

1 Like

@pdeethardt Thank you for that screenshot. Is the Front Motion Sensor part of the Light Group you want to link it to via Linked Devices? Or is it not in a Light Group at all?

1 Like

It’s in the “Front” light group. I also have a “Back” and “Driveway” light group, and previously it would allow the motion sensor to be linked to those light groups. The same issue is occurring with my other motion sensor as well as my solar floodlight.

@pdeethardt Thanks for confirming. I checked with my team on this as you should still have the option to link your Motion Sensor to your Light Groups. On the Linked Devices screen, make sure you’re scrolling to the bottom as the Light Groups will show up below your Doorbells and Cameras. I’d also recommend ensuring your Ring app is up to date by checking your app store to see if an update is available.

1 Like

Ok, not sure what is going on then. I’m running iOS version 5.52.1, which appears to be the latest. I double-checked the the linked devices list again on both of my motion sensors as well as the Solar Floodlight, and all I’m seeing are the camera devices; nothing underneath them.

@pdeethardt Thanks for confirming that. I’d recommend following up with our support team on this so they can take a deeper look at your account and see why this option isn’t available for you anymore. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can review your account with you. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like