Missed ring - the video for this event does not exist

I just missed a ring at the front door because I was in a meeting. I heard the doorbell ring, and there’s a record on my Ring timeline that the doorbell rang - but there’s no associated video. The last video on the timeline is my wife leaving the house an hour earlier. I know the ring doorbell is connected to the wifi else the event would not have been recorded and I wouldn’t have a notification on my phone, so why isn;t there a video? What’s the point of a video doorbell with a subscription plan (that seems to be getting more expensive for a poorer service) if it doesn’t record visitors?!

The doorbell is hardwired to an internal chime for power and sound, and RSSI is -45

We are just fellow users and have no access to your account to troubleshoot this. Contact Support (https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406-Contact-Us). Be aware, wait times are long.

HI @NBT. Which model of Ring Doorbell do you have? You can find the name of the Doorbell you have on the Device Health page in the Ring app. Can you share a screenshot of what you see when you look at the Event History or the Event Timeline? Have you noticed this happening any other time, or is this an isolated occurrence? With more information, I can try and provide some general troubleshooting tips and tricks that may be helpful. :slight_smile: