Missed events on wired Stick Up Cam

I am growing increasingly frustrated with my Ring Stick Up Camera (wired). It picks up cats, spiders, and dust, but not my full size SUV right in front of it. It also picks up my neighbors driving by, even though they are not in the motion area that I have drawn.

Today I got an alert that there was motion, but the rich notification did not attach a pic. This was probably because I checked it rather quickly, well at least attempted to because the app would not load.

Later on when I checked again I saw no recorded events, but I did see that snapshot captured an image of a mail truck in my driveway.

I have quadruple checked all setting. Sensitivity is at max, people only is off, etc. I have been reading through the posts here hoping for a solution but I have yet to find one.

I switched to Ring from Kuna becuase of so many missed events, and friends have switched to Ring because of my endorsement. Ring is still an improvment over Kuna, but I want this to work as advertised. Please help.

Hi @supafuzz. Since you have tried various troubleshooting steps as well as adjusted the settings multiple times, it may be best for you to touch base with our support team directly. They can pull up your account and take a deeper look at your device to help you get everything fine-tuned. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: Motion detection inquiries

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.