Microphone

There is no two-way communication between the app on my phone and my doorbell. I can speak through the app and you can hear me but if you speak to the doorbell there is no sound on my phone. I have tried twice to remove and reinstall the app but the mic only works for a few minutes and then stops again

Hi,
I have the same problem and there isn’t anything online that is helpful or remotely useful in solving this issue.

Sorry my comment hasn’t been helpful but I’m frustrated as well now.

Hi neighbors! Audio connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing audio on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled.

As you mentioned audio works from the speaker of your Video Doorbell, but not from the microphone, if this concern persists, try a reset on the Doorbell by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: