Microphone not working properly

So the audio from my phone to my Ring is very hard to hear. I have to yell into my phones microphone and the person at the Ring can barely hear me. I have the Galaxy Note 10+ and the Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release) and Ring Chime (2020 release).

Hi there @Gr8estn8. You can find a list of different troubleshooting steps for audio concerns in our Help Center Article here. This will help you narrow down what the problem may be in order to resolve it. It’s also important to note that a lot of devices have multiple microphones, so you’ll want to make sure you’re speaking into the correct microphone when using the Live View.

If this concern persists after running through the troubleshooting guide, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Someone from our support team can take a deeper look and perform more advanced troubleshooting steps with you in order to get this sorted out. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I’ve had the same problem for many months now. Very low audio from the microphone on two doorbell pros. Initially I called Support and they had no idea what the problem was and ended up replacing both devices. They sent a Doorbell pro and the doorbell pro two as they ran out of stock on the pro. The problem continues on new devices.

Initially I can hear audio at a higher level (briefly ), then audio ducks as in an automatic gain control has been added to the algorithm. Note, none of my other cameras have this problem with the audio, just the doorbells.

Why after all this time are we not getting some kind of an answer from Support? I’m having the feeling that this was done intentionally by developers due to legal ramifications of recording individuals without consent, which is illegal in certain areas.